|Usage/Application||Wide range of applications|
- NIOSH approved for protection against certain organic vapors or acid gases
- Swept-back design allows an enhanced field of view and comfort
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M half and full facepiece designs
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs
- Simple installation and usage requirements reduce training needs
The 3M Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge 6003 helps provide organic vapor and acid gas protection in a variety of environments. When properly used with an approved 3M respirator properly fitted, this respirator cartridge helps provide respiratory protection from certain organic vapors, chlorine, hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, or hydrogen fluoride. The cartridge may be used for vapor concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with quantitatively fit tested full facepieces. Recommended applications for the cartridge include assembly and mechanical, batch-charging, change-overs, chemical dispensing, clean-up, cleaning, handling, painting, parts cleaning, pesticide application, powder, and seal coating. Inventory needs and training requirements for safety equipment are reduced because this respirator cartridge selection works for many different applications. This cartridge is commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, aluminum reduction, chemical manufacturing, laboratories, petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, and utilities.